When you are ready to Ship your Sales Order, click the Pack action in the ribbon.
Depending on the Shipping Agent, the system may now perform an Address Validation. Address Validation is important because it makes sure that the destination address is found in the Shipping Agent’s database and that the address on the label is formatted the way that is preferred by the Shipping Agent. The Address Validation window can present you with multiple address suggestions, as well as the original address from the Sales Order. Select the address that you want to use and click OK. The Ship-to Address on the Sales Order will change
The Packing screen will now be displayed. Use the actions at the top of the page to add and remove items from the selected Package. If you need to start a new Package, click the New button in the Packages section of the ribbon. To pack Items into Packages, use the following actions:
- Pack All: Add all remaining items in the Items to Pack list to the currently selected Package
- Pack Item: Add all quantity of the selected Item in the Items to Pack list to the currently selected Package
- Pack 1: Add a quantity of 1 of the selected Item in the Items to Pack list to the currently selected Package
To remove Items from Packages, use the following actions:
- Unpack All: Remove all items from the currently selected Package and return them to the Items to Pack list
- Unpack Item: Remove all quantity of the currently selected Item from the Package and return them to the Items to Pack list
- Unpack 1: Remove a quantity of 1 of the selected packed Item and return it to the Items to Pack list
To manage Packages:
- New: Add a new Package to the shipment
- Delete: Delete the currently selected Package and return any packed items to the Items to Pack list
Once all items have been packed, make sure that the Package Type Code for each Package is set to the correct Package Type. The system will calculate the estimated weight of each package based on the items you have added. To override the calculated weight, enter the actual weight in the Manual Weight field of each Package.
When you have packed all items, selected the correct Package Types, and verified the weights, click the Post action to post the Shipment and generate the shipping labels. The labels will be sent to your web browser as printable documents and can be printed to a laser or label printer.