ChargeLogic Click-to-Pay invoicing uses the Connect cloud service to offer a convenient way for your customers to pay invoices online. Below, you will find general setup instructions for enabling ChargeLogic Payments for Connect, followed by how to configure the Click-to-Pay functionality for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Enabling ChargeLogic Payments Click-to-Pay invoicing is easy to do and only requires you to populate a few fields in your database. To complete this task, you will need a copy of the ChargeLogic Connect Subscriber Information document that was issued to the ChargeLogic Connect subscriber upon creation of the ChargeLogic Connect account.
- Go to the EFT Store Card.
- On the ChargeLogic Connect FastTab, enter the following information from the Subscriber Information document:
Note that when you enter the ChargeLogic Connect Password, the system will encrypt the password. If you need the password again, you will need to re-enter it from the Subscriber Information document, as it cannot be copied once entered.
Click-to-Pay Invoicing and Statements
Click-to-Pay Invoices and Statements allow invoices and statements to be transmitted to the ChargeLogic Connect server. The Connect server can then email the customer with a link to pay the invoice or statement online. Emails for invoices also contain a PDF version of the invoice. The payment link brings the customer to a hosted payment page provided by ChargeLogic Connect and does not involve any IT/infrastructure/security work on the merchant’s part. Once paid, ChargeLogic Payments can then retrieve the payment details from the ChargeLogic Connect server and apply the payments to the customer ledger entries.
Set Up Click-to-Pay
- Go to the EFT Setup Card.
- On the ChargeLogic Connect FastTab, choose the options you’d like to enable.
- You can select the Click-to-Pay Default Card checkbox. This will cause an additional field to appear on the hosted payment page that offers for customers to save the card they are using as their default credit card for future invoices. If the customer elects this option on the website, the card used for that payment will be set as the customer’s Default Customer Credit Card.
- You can specify a Click-to-Pay Logo URL. This logo will be displayed at the top of the hosted payment page. The URL must start with https (i.e., the logo must be hosted on a secure server).
Use Click-to-Pay Invoicing
- Go to the Customer Card.
- Select the Electronic Invoicing option for each Customer:
- None: invoices for this customer will not be transmitted to the Connect server.
- Electronic: invoices for this customer will not be printed; instead, they will be transmitted to the Connect server and emailed to the customer.
- Paper + Electronic: invoices for this customer will be printed and transmitted to the Connect server and emailed to the customer.
- Paper: invoices for this customer will be printed and transmitted to the Connect server; however, no email will be sent. Instead, you can add the Click-to-Pay link to the printed invoice. This will be stored in the Sales Invoice Header’s Click-to-Pay URL field.
- The Electronic Invoicing option will be copied from the Bill-to Customer to each Sales Invoice and Sales Order. It can be overridden on a per-document basis.
- Upon posting an invoice, if the Electronic Invoicing Type is not None, the invoice details will be transmitted to the Connect server; if the Electronic Invoicing Type is not Paper, the Click-to-Pay Invoice will be emailed to the Bill-to Contact’s email address or, if no Bill-to Contact email address is available, to the Bill-to Customer’s email address.
- Click-to-Pay Invoices can be sent manually from the Posted Sales Invoice by using the Send Electronic Invoice function.
- The user will be provided with an opportunity to change the email address before the invoice is transmitted.
Send Multiple Click-to-Pay Invoices At Once
- Go to the Customer List.
- Click the Send Electronic Invoices action in the ribbon.
- The system will ask if you want to send an email per-invoice. Answer Yes if you want to email your customers with each invoice; answer No if you simply want to generate Click-to-Pay Invoices without notifying the customer.
- A filter page will open with the current customer automatically filtered. You can change this filter to send invoices for multiple customers.
- Click OK to send the invoices.
Use Click-to-Pay From a Sales Order
- From a Sales Order, use the Send Electronic Payment Request function.
- The user will be provided with an opportunity to change the email address before the payment request is transmitted.
- A Click-to-Pay request will be emailed to the customer. Upon payment and retrieval (see Ways to Retrieve Click-to-Pay Payments below), the authorization will be associated with the Order.
Use Click-to-Pay Statements
- From a Customer Card or Customer List, use the Send Electronic Statement function.
- The user will be provided with an opportunity to change the email address before the statement is transmitted.
- Run the Send Electronic Statements processing report.
- The Click-to-Pay Statement will be emailed to the Bill-to Contact’s email address or, if no Bill-to Contact email address is available, to the Bill-to Customer’s email address.
Ways to Retrieve Click-to-Pay payments
- Click the Retrieve Payments and Orders link on the EFT Activities pane in the Order Processor Role Center.
- Run the EFT Order Retrieval periodic activity.
- Schedule the EFT Order Retrieval to run periodically using Job Queue or another scheduling tool.
Canceling a Click-to-Pay Order Request
- From a Sales Order, use the Cancel Electronic Payment Request function.
- The outstanding electronic payment request will be canceled.