The following documentation is intended to assist a Partner to install and integrate Chargelogic Payments and Business Central (BC) with the Versapay Cloud Platform (ARC) System. This allows organizations that use any portion of the Versapay Cloud Platform, from the PayNow (electronic invoicing), customer portal, full AR automation solutions (ARC), or e-commerce transactions. These steps will enable the flow of data (in both directions) between Versapay Cloud Platform (ARC) and BC when ChargeLogic Payments version 4.2.2 is installed.
Step 1: Configuring ChargeLogic Payments
In order to connect the Versapay Cloud Platform (ARC) and BC, we must first begin with the ChargeLogic Payments configuration. You will create a VPYNETWORK Gateway Account and related Store. The easiest way to do this is to use the “ChargeLogic Payments Setup Wizard” and enter the API TOKEN and API KEY in the setups. For step-by-step instructions on setting up via the wizard, review the document found here. For new ChargeLogic implementations, this is the recommended approach.
If you choose to set this up manually, you’ll need to ensure you fully setup the Gateway, Gateway Account, Synchronization Setups, Store, Terminals, and Terminal Account IDs with the relevant information.
Enabling ChargeLogic Payments will introduce a new set of activities within the following role centers:
- Accounts Receivable Administrator (9003)
- President – Small Business (9020)
- Business Manager (9022)
- Credit and Collections Manager (36603)
Once configured, this will also introduce the “Versapay Cloud Platform (ARC) Integration Activities” to display within the BC dashboard.
Step 2: Set Global Settings for Versapay Cloud Platform (ARC) Integration within BC
Once the Payments setup has been configured, select “Set Up Versapay Cloud Platform” from the “Versapay Cloud Platform Activities” panel. This will load the “Versapay Cloud Platform Setup” page shown below.
Fill in the Setup fields based on the descriptions below:
- Division Mapping – Specifies the method of determining the Division when sending invoices and credit memos to the Versapay ARC system. The options are “Do Not Use”, “Use Company”, “Entered Value”, “Global Dimension 1” & “Global Dimension 2”. Often the ARC system requires the use of a division, especially with invoices and credit memos. Consult with the ARC implementation staff to determine if a division is
- Preset Division Value – Specifies the static value to send as the division to the Versapay ARC system when Division Mapping is set to Entered
- New Customer Template – Specifies which template to use for creating a new Customer record within Business Central.
- Non-Designated Customer No. – Specifies the customer to use if payments are received from the Versapay Cloud Platform where the customer has not been indicated (e.g. from an initial payment or lockbox files). It is recommended that this customer have the field “Do not Sync with Versapay Cloud Platform” checked on their related customer
- Prefix / Suffix Usage – Specifies whether a prefix or suffix should be added to customer, invoice, and credit memo numbers. This may be required if multiple companies integrate to one Versapay Cloud Platform instance. The options are “Do Not Use”, “Add a Prefix” & “Add a Suffix”. Please note that for invoices and credit memos, the field “display_number” will receive the value from BC without the prefix or suffix so that the end customers will not see the prefix or
- Prefix / Suffix Value – Specifies the prefix or suffix to apply to customer, invoice, and credit memo numbers, if enabled (e.g. US- or -US).
Step 3: Process Log Entries and Importing Historical Data
Once the integration has been configured, it’s now time to send data from the ERP up to the Versapay Cloud Platform. This data includes Customers, Invoices/Credits, Wallet entries, and Divisions. From the Actions Menu, choose Actions > Mass Create.
Select the appropriate record for the data you are trying to send up and optionally set any filters you wish to use. Clicking OK will send the data to the Versapay Cloud Platform Log Entries page, where they need to be processed.
Depending on the amount of customer data, you may wish to use the Bulk Upload Action which send a flat file of data, rather than individual API calls.
Helpful Tip: Make sure the Customer upload is done first, as that record needs to exist before any Invoices/Credits or wallet entries can be associated with it.
(If you are using the Versapay Cloud Platform for PayNow (email invoicing) only, you may or may not choose to send historical data to the platform. Sending open invoices will result in the creation and sending of a corresponding email(s) to the customer. Exclusive PayNow users may simply establish the data connection as outlined above and send new invoices only to the platform for delivery to the customer)
Please Note: When we’re importing the customer list we’ll want to check the HTTP Status column for either a 200 or 201 code. These codes will indicate a successful upload. It is very likely, however, that a 412 error code titled “Precondition Failed” will occur. This simply indicates that there was an error on the file — most commonly, an “Invalid Email”.
If a 412 error code is encountered, please follow these steps:
- Highlight the selected row with the error code, click on “Actions” from the menu bar
- Click “Export Reply”
- This will open the error report in JSON or Notepad. On this page, we’ll be able to search for the line item with an error. This page will provide more insight into the potential error.
- If it is an “Invalid Email” error, open the Customer Card to view their account and modify their information. Speaking with the client directly may assist in updating these accounts.
- If we’re unable to update the account at this time open the Customer Card, scroll down to the “Payments” section, and select “Do Not Sync with the Versapay Cloud Platform”
This will ensure the system will not try to continue to load the customer’s invoices in error.
“Export Request”: Data requested from the ERP to Versapay Cloud Platform
“Export Reply”: Data sent from Versapay Cloud Platform to BC (Successful or Not Successful and Why?)
Step 4: Update Configuration to Run Automatically
Once the setups have been completed, you can use the Create Job Queue Activity within the Versapay Cloud Platform Setup to schedule the sync with the Versapay Cloud Platform. Otherwise, you’ll need to manually process the Log Entries.
Need more help?
Please see the General Operations article for additional information and detailed descriptions of each setup configuration.
If there is a different error and the action required is not clearly outlined, please put in a help desk ticket, https://support.chargelogic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000466803-How-to-Submit-a-Support-Request.